Sunday 23 December 2012

Quick Christmas Card

I made this card using 'Heartfelt Christmas' a Project of the Month kit by Julie Hickey of Craftwork Cards.  The kit included the tree cards in kraft and in white along with plain white cards.  I popped the hearts out of one of the kraft tree cards and embossed them using a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder.

Next I used an Ink Duster to brush over the shapes with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and I stuck 1mm foam pads onto the backs of all of them.  Then I used the kraft cards that I had taken the pieces from and placed it over the top of a plain white card blank.  This meant that I could stick the inked and embossed hearts and tree base down by placing them in the apertures of the kraft card and so the positioning was spot on.


I finished the card off with Candi, some lovely red ribbon and a Christmas sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment