Sunday, 31 March 2013

Hanging Flowers

Here's a little something I made using these kraft flowers from Craftwork Cards.  Unfortunately I didn't get a good full picture of this hanging up but here are photos of the three individual flowers.  Each of these was made by gluing three kraft flowers together.  I made the curly centres by using one of the kraft flowers with long petals, cutting down the centre of each petal and then twisting them. I then attached small die cut flowers (Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals die) to the centres of the curly flowers and added a piece of crushed Candi to finish them off.

The three completed flowers are attached together with twine and I threaded this through several pieces of Candi above each flower.

Here is one of the flowers laid on its side so you can see the dimension of it.

And finally a picture of the whole thing laid down:

I must say I was very pleased with this - I had a 'lightbulb moment' in the middle of the night about sticking the the flowers together to create something dimensional!

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Tunnel Card

I made this using one of the new tunnel cards from Craftwork Cards:

I also used kraft flowers and some papers from the Flower Fusion Paper Pack.  The centre of the large flower was made from two of the flowers with the long petals - I cut down the centres of each petal and twisted them.

It doesn't show up too well on the photos but I coloured some of the flowers with an Ink Duster and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Mother's Day

I've made a card and a wreath for my friend, Tess the dog, to give to her mum.  First up is the card:

The card is made from a bird house blank to which I added lots of Chantilly Olive crushed Candi with a dot of Stickles glitter glue in the centre of each.  I used the Printer's Blocks stamps and Dusty Concord Distress Ink to create the 'mum' sentiment.

Here's a closer look of Tess peeping through the aperture:

The flowers round the aperture were part of the Bohemian Wreath kit.  There's enough flowers in a kit to make 2 wreaths but I like lots of layers on my flowers and used almost all of the flowers on this wreath. I did have a few spare though and so used them on this card. 

Here is a picture of the wreath:

In real life the colours are more like the close ups of the blooms below:

It doesn't show up too well on the photos but the finished wreath is shimmery and sparkly - I sprayed it with silver Spray and Sparkle.